The most famous Israeli oncologist, Head of the Melanoma Institute.
Contact Professor Schachter
- Dermato-oncology:Thanks to the latest-generation medical technologies, survival rates for skin cancer in Israel are the highest in the world.
- Immunotherapy:Israeli experts develop and put into practice new drugs that stimulate the immune system to fight the malignant tumor.
- The professor provides therapy for the most aggressive cancerous skin tumor, melanoma. He uses unique methods of biological therapy for metastatic melanoma.
- Tel Aviv University, Professor at the Faculty of Medicine
- The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Tel Aviv University, Faculty of Medicine
- Ichilov, Israel's leading clinic
- 1996 – 2004:Deputy Director of the Cancer Institute at the Beilinson Hospital
- 2004:Director of the Ella Institute for the Treatment and Research of Melanoma and Skin Cancer at the Sheba Hospital
- 2004:Deputy Head of the Department of Oncology at the Sheba Hospital
- Israeli Society for Clinical Oncology and Radiation Therapy (ISCORT)
- Global Melanoma Task Force (GMTF)
- Commission for oncology teaching at the medical faculties in Israel (Chairman)
Publications in Foreign Medical Journals:Complete list (81):https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Schachter%2C+Jacob