IVF in Israel
One of the leading Israeli specialists in obstetrics and gynecology
One of the leading Israeli specialists in obstetrics and gynecology
The evaluation prior to IVF in Israel takes 1-2 days and costs $2,235. IVF in Top Ichilov is provided by the leading Israeli gynecologists/reproductive endocrinologists, physicians with over 30 years of professional experience:
- Professor Y. Yaron;
- Professor A. Amit.
Procedures recommended for poor sperm quality: TESA, MESA, MicroTESE, ICSI micromanipulation.
Egg and embryo cryopreservation.
IVF-related procedures: assisted hatching, use of the GM-CSF cytokine in embryo culture media, continuous embryo monitoring with embryoscopes.
The List of Tests Required for IVF
- Hormone panel test including:
- Luteinizing hormone (LH);
- Follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH);
- Prolactin (in 2 hours after waking up);
- Estrogen (E2);
- Thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH), DHEA-S, 17-OHP.
- Complete semen analysis.
- Results of both partners’ evaluations for HIV and hepatitis B (Ag+Ab), hepatitis С (Ab), cytomegalovirus (IgG, IgM), and syphilis (Ab).
- Complete blood count and blood biochemistry for the woman including electrolytes, glucose and blood urea nitrogen levels.
- Blood group and Rh factor for both partners.
- Coagulation tests: PT, PTT, INR.
- Rubella antibody blood test (IgG, IgM).
- Pap smear.
- Mammography, chest X-ray, and ECG with interpretation – for women over 40.
Sometimes, attempts at conceiving are unsuccessful because of underlying infections.
- Tests for underlying infections:
- Human and urogenital mycoplasma;
- Toxoplasma (IgG+IgM);
- Herpes viruses.
- Urinalysis and urine culture.
- Results of the genetic tests for cystic fibrosis and SMA (spinal muscular atrophy) with interpretation.
The Program of Pre-IVF Evaluation in Top Ichilov
Day 1: Diagnostic Tests
The woman comes to Israel with her partner 1 day before the start of her menstrual cycle. Within the first day, the couple has:
- Blood tests (including hormone panel test and tests for sexually transmitted infections);
- Urine tests (for the woman);
- Sperm analysis (for the man).
Day 2: Consultation Before the Procedure
The partners visit a gynecologist/reproductive endocrinologist: Professor Yuval Yaron or Professor Ron Hauser. The physician explains the procedure to the couple. The evaluation prior to IVF takes 1-2 days. The cost of diagnosis: $2,235.
Get a free consultation of an Israeli physician
The Advantages of IVF in Israel
- Extensive experience of Israeli reproductive endocrinologists. The number of IVF procedures performed in Israel is one of the highest in the world. This is why Israeli specialists have extensive experience in IVF.
- Use of advanced technologies for IVF in Israel. State-of-the-art embryoscopes used by the Top Ichilov specialists help observe the embryos night and day without having to take them out from the incubator. This simplifies the selection of the most viable embryo for the transfer into the uterus.
- Effective programs for ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome prevention. The potential dangerous complications of IVF include ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome, a condition that may require a lengthy hospital stay. Israeli specialists use several strategies to prevent this complication from occurring. These strategies include:
- Individual dosage of gonadotropins, hormone drugs used to stimulate the ovaries;
- Use of medications that reduce the risk of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (low-dose aspirin, dopamine agonists, etc.);
- Delayed ovarian stimulation;
- Follicle retrieval with fertilization and freezing of the mature follicles for further IVF procedures.
The Plan of IVF in Israel
Primary examination and complete medical support of a gynecologist/geneticist throughout the entire course. Medical support is provided by Professor Y. Yaron, Head of Department.
- Complete clinical examination by the professor (including gynecologic ultrasound).
- Comprehensive blood and urine biochemistry testing.
- Development of a personalized stimulation program.
- Ovarian stimulation and egg retrieval.
- Sperm withdrawal and preparation.
- Fertilization and laboratory embryo monitoring.
- Embryo implantation.
- Pregnancy blood test.
Who Performs the IVF Procedure in Top Ichilov?
The Top Ichilov IVF Department founded at the Department of Gynecology is the largest and the most advanced medical facility for infertility treatment in Israel.
Professor Yuval Yaron, specialist in female infertility and prenatal diagnosis, gynecologist and reproductive endocrinologist with 35 years of professional experience, Head of IVF Department. Was included into the list of Israel’s best physicians by the Forbes magazine. Author of over 200 scientific articles.
Professor Ami Amit, leading Israeli reproductive endocrinologist. Founded the IVF Department at the Ichilov Hospital. Has been Head of Department for over 40 years. Was one of the first physicians in Israel to start providing the IVF and ICSI procedures, egg and embryo cryopreservation, and pre-implantation genetic diagnosis.
Professor Foad Azem, Director of the Fertility Institute and IVF Department, Head of Fertility Preservation Subdivision and Egg Donation Subdivision at the Lys Maternity & Women’s Hospital, Ichilov Medical Center. Consults private patients at the Top Ichilov Clinic. Was included into the top list of the best physicians compiled by the Forbes Israel magazine in 2021.
Get a treatment protocol from an Israeli physician
What to Expect from the IVF Procedure at the Top Ichilov Clinic?
- To achieve ovarian superovulation, starting from day 2 or 3 of the menstrual cycle, the woman receives injections of gonadotropin-containing medications. The goal is to withdraw 6-16 follicles 2-2.5cm in diameter.
- The stimulation process includes continuous hormone and ultrasound monitoring. It helps follow the body’s reaction to the administered drugs and measure endometrial thickness as well as the size and the number of follicles in both ovaries. In 10-11 days from the start of ovarian stimulation, eggs mature and reach the required size and number.
- In 34-36 hours, the doctor performs an ultrasound-guided follicular puncture. Eggs are retrieved from the follicles with a special thin needle. At the same time, the husband gives his sperm for examination and special processing. In case of absolute male factor infertility, patients in need of IVF may use donor sperm.
- The stage of artificial fertilization, or the embryonic stage, implies fertilization of the eggs with the sperm taken from the husband or a donor. An embryo develops 16-18 hours after fertilization.
- The transfer of embryos into the uterine cavity is carried out on day 3-5 after the follicular puncture. A maximum of two embryos may be transferred.
- Certain medications are administered to support pregnancy after the embryo transfer.
- On day 10-14, the doctors test the woman’s blood for human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG). This test is the only procedure that can confirm pregnancy. If it shows pregnancy, an ultrasound is carried out on the 21st day after the embryo transfer.
The duration of stay: the woman has to come to Israel 3-5 days before the start of the menstrual cycle and stay for 1 month for procedures and monitoring. The presence of the man is required only for 3 days for the native sperm withdrawal prior to fertilization.
IVF in Israel: Price
The cost of the above-mentioned procedures: $6,940.
Prices for IVF-related procedures:
- Sperm retrieval from the man’s testicle or epididymis in case of inability to ejaculate (TESA/MESA): $3,820. The procedure is carried out when there is no sperm in the ejaculate (the condition is called azoospermia). Azoospermia treatment in Israel is also available.
- For poor sperm quality, patients perform a micromanipulation (ICSI): fertilization of the egg by direct injection of a single sperm cell. The cost of the procedure: $758.
- Secondary examination and sperm preparation: $120.
- Sometimes, the hormone stimulation of folliculogenesis leads to the production of more eggs than necessary for fertilization and implantation into the woman’s uterus. Extra eggs or embryos are frozen using special cryogenic equipment. In the future, these embryos may be thawed and used to start a new pregnancy. The cost of the procedure: $930.
- The advances in the Israeli medicine allow for genetic testing before the implantation of an embryo into the uterus. This is especially important for the couples with congenital or hereditary genetic conditions. During the procedure, the experts take 1-2 cells from a 3-day-old embryo and test them for the conditions predisposing to such congenital diseases as cystic fibrosis or Down syndrome. Genetic diagnosis is recommended in the following situations:
- 5 or more unsuccessful attempts at embryo implantation;
- The woman is 38 years old or older;
- The woman has been diagnosed with recurrent pregnancy loss;
- In the previous pregnancy, the fetus had chromosomal abnormalities;
- The necessity to choose the baby’s sex due to familial sex-related genetic conditions (such as hemophilia or congenital muscular dystrophy that only affect boys).
Get a treatment program and exact prices
The Advanced Technologies Used for IVF in Top Ichilov Since 2022
- Assisted hatching. In the earliest stages of its development, the embryo is surrounded by a protective coat (zona pellucida). The growing embryo rips through this coat. To improve the chances for implantation, the experts disrupt the protective shell prior to the embryo transfer. This procedure greatly increases the chances for pregnancy in women over 40.
- Use of cytokines in embryo culture media. Cytokines are complex proteins that take part in immune processes. The GM-CSF cytokine (granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor) improves the connection between the embryo and the inner lining of the uterus (endometrium) and therefore increases the likelihood of pregnancy. The clinical trials have shown that the addition of cytokines into the culture medium for sperm, eggs, and embryos reduces the risk of miscarriage and improves the chances for giving birth to a healthy baby.
How Can I Have an IVF Procedure in Top Ichilov?
Fill in the form below. Our physician will contact you within 2 hours.
Дата публикации November 8th, 2022