- Provides treatment for kidney conditions and arterial hypertension.
- Offers comprehensive examination for malignant kidney tumors.
- Performs the unique, minimally invasive procedure of renal artery denervation for severe forms of hypertension.
- Selects medications for elevated blood pressure.
- Has extensive experience in performing all types of dialysis.
Diseases Treated by the Physician:
- Arterial hypertension and cardiovascular complications
- Bladder cancer
- Chronic kidney failure
- Kidney stones
- Kidney cancer
- Polycystic kidney disease
Head of Nephrology Department, Ichilov-Sourasky Medical Center
Private practice at the Top Ichilov Medical Center
Senior physician of Nephrology Department, Ichilov-Sourasky Medical Center
Michigan State University (USA), specialization in genetic kidney diseases
Ichilov-Sourasky Medical Center in Israel, specialization in nephrology and blood pressure
Ichilov-Sourasky Medical Center, residency in internal medicine
Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Faculty of Medicine
American Society of Nephrology
International Society of Nephrology
Israeli Society of Nephrology and Hypertension
“The doctor inserts a catheter into the renal artery and threads 3 needles through the catheter. The needles penetrate the blood vessel wall and enter the adventitia. Afterwards, we inject a small dose of alcohol. The alcohol spreads throughout the vessel and destroys the nerves. Radiofrequency energy or ultrasound can also be used for renal denervation.
One clinical trial showed that in 6 months after the procedure, the patients’ blood pressure went down for about 18 mm Hg. The 24-hour monitoring showed a blood pressure decrease of about 10 mm Hg. This means that this technique appears very effective.
This innovation is important from the clinical point of view. It is known that a blood pressure decrease of 10-20 mm Hg greatly affects the morbidity and mortality of hypertension patients.
I think that renal denervation has a brilliant future. In my opinion, it can change treatment for hypertension drastically.”
Publications in Foreign Medical Journals:
Complete list (25):
Author’s Name: Dmitry Finkelstein