Evaluation and treatment of infertility in Israel, clinic Top Ichilov takes 2-3 days and costs $2,235.
Infertility diagnosis and treatment in Top Ichilov is provided by the leading Israeli specialists:
- Gynecologist and fertility specialist, Professor Y. Yaron;
- Urologist-andrologist, Professor Y. Hen.
Female infertility treatment: laparoscopic surgery with the Da Vinci Xi robotic system, ovarian drilling, ovulation induction with letrozole (Femara), cryopreservation of eggs and embryos, IVF with state-of-the-art embryoscopes for embryo monitoring.
Male infertility treatment: enzyme therapy, microsurgical testicular sperm extraction (MicroTESE), ICSI.
CAUSES OF INFERTILITY IN WOMEN AND MEN
Both women and men can suffer from infertility.
3 causes of infertility in women:
- Menstrual disorders.
- Congenital abnormalities of the reproductive system.
- Dysfunction of the cervix, uterus, or fallopian tubes.
5 causes of infertility in men:
- Varicocele, or abnormal enlargement of the veins descending into the testicles.
- Genetic factors that may promote reduction or complete cessation of sperm production.
- Hormonal imbalance, including low testosterone levels.
- Thyroid abnormalities.
- Anatomical problems; for instance, absence of the channel between the testicle and the ejaculatory duct due to genetic disorders, injuries or surgical intervention.
The Top Ichilov specialists perform diagnostic examination of women and men in order to identify the best method of treatment in Israel. Some couples may use assisted reproductive technologies and treatments that increase the chance of a successful sperm-egg fusion.
HOW IS FEMALE INFERTILITY DIAGNOSED?
During the initial visit, the center’s employees fill out the necessary forms.
The doctor consults the patient personally. The consultation lasts for about 30-40 minutes. The standard examination of a woman involves:
- Appointment with a gynecologist. During the consultation, the specialist performs a pelvic exam on the examination chair and a transvaginal ultrasound. He also carries out colposcopy and takes vaginal swabs.
- Hormone blood test. A blood sample is analyzed to measure the amounts of prolactin, testosterone, estradiol, thyroid hormones, etc.
- Evaluation of ovarian reserve. The study involves an ultrasound on the 2nd or the 3rd day of the menstrual cycle.
- This procedure is performed with a hysteroscope – a special device inserted into the uterus. The method can exclude abnormalities of the uterine cavity.
- This procedure helps assess tubal patency. The specialist fills the uterine cavity with normal saline using a catheter and then carries out an ultrasound. During the procedure, the doctor determines whether normal saline flows into the fallopian tubes and whether the flow velocity is sufficient.
If these diagnostic procedures reveal abnormalities, a doctor in Israel will develop a detailed infertility treatment plan with dates and prices.
THE PLAN OF FEMALE INFERTILITY DIAGNOSIS IN TOP ICHILOV
Day 1: Initial doctor’s consultation.
A gynecologist (a specialist in female infertility treatment) performs a pelvic exam and takes health history. The doctor studies the patient’s medical documents and refers her for further diagnostic procedures.
Day 2: Instrumental examinations and laboratory tests.
On this day, the woman undergoes procedures ordered the day before:
- Blood tests (including hormone blood tests);
Day 3: Treatment planning.
The gynecologist reviews the examination results and orders treatment or additional studies.
The examination takes 2-3 working days. Price for diagnosis: $2,235.
✓ Right Now: Get your free consultation with a Top Ichilov physician
It is important to correctly determine the type of the disease before starting treatment in the country of residence. Consult an Israeli physician right now, free of charge. Find out the prices for the necessary diagnostic procedures in Top Ichilov.
HOW IS MALE INFERTILITY DIAGNOSED?
The male infertility diagnosis in Israel involves a thorough evaluation of health history and history of sexual dysfunction.
The doctor will ask questions about coexisting conditions such as hypertension, diabetes, childhood diseases and the risk of sexually transmitted infections.
Then, the doctor orders a semen analysis crucial for a precise male infertility diagnosis. Israeli specialists assess:
- Ejaculate volume;
- Sperm concentration;
- Sperm motility (the ability to move);
- Sperm morphology (the shape of the sperm).
ADVANTAGES OF INFERTILITY TREATMENT IN ISRAEL
- Precise identification of causes of infertility. The level of Israeli doctors’ qualification and state-of-the-art equipment promote natural conception in about 70% of couples that come to Israel from the Eastern European countries to have IVF. This happens because Israeli specialists are able to identify the exact cause of infertility.
- Israeli doctors’ extensive experience in performing IVF. Israel occupies one of the first positions in the world in the number of IVF procedures per capita. This is why Israeli specialists have accumulated vast experience in IVF.
- Comprehensive approach to infertility treatment. Israeli specialists understand that infertility may be caused not only by reproductive system diseases but also by other conditions including diabetes mellitus, thyroid disorders, etc. This is why great attention is paid to comprehensive medical examination of the partners and to the treatment of their chronic diseases.
PHYSICIANS WHO TREAT INFERTILITY IN TOP ICHILOV
Couples that come to Israel for infertility treatment are seen by the leading gynecologists, urologists and fertility specialists of the country:
Professor Yuval Yaron, specialist in female infertility treatment and prenatal screening, fertility expert with 35 years of work experience, Head of IVF Department, is featured in the list of the best Israeli physicians according to the “Forbes” magazine. Author of over 200 scientific articles.
Professor Ami Amit, leading Israeli infertility expert. Established the Department of IVF in the Ichilov Hospital and has been Head of the Department for over 40 years. Was one of the first doctors in Israel to start practicing IVF and ICSI, cryopreservation of eggs and embryos, preimplantation genetic testing.
Professor Haim Matzkin, highly qualified urologist, heads the Department of Urology and coordinates its practice. Was one of the first to use brachytherapy for prostate cancer in Israel. Author of over 160 scientific publications. Was included into the list of the best Israeli urologists in 2019 according to the “Forbes” magazine.
Professor Yuza Hen, urologist-andrologist, sexual health specialist with over 40 years of work experience, head of sexual dysfunction treatment clinic. Winner of Israel Association of Urology and Israeli Society for Sexual Medicine awards. Specializes in medical treatment of prostate conditions, including inflammatory diseases.
Doctor Avi Beri, specialist in endoscopic urology, work experience: about 20 years. Lecturer at the Tel Aviv University Department of Urology. Specializes in open and endoscopic surgery and operates on the bladder, ureters, kidneys, adrenal glands, and prostate gland.
Professor Ron Hauser, infertility expert, specialist in male and female infertility treatment and medical genetics. Clinical work experience: 46 years. Leading specialist of the Prenatal Diagnosis Unit at the Ichilov Hospital. Director of the Fertility Research Institute.
IVF: THE EFFECTIVE METHOD OF FEMALE INFERTILITY TREATMENT
Some couples require more complicated procedures, including in vitro fertilization, or IVF. IVF in Israel is known for the highest effectiveness rates per cycle.
Many patients become pregnant thanks to other treatments not as intense as in vitro fertilization. One example is ovarian stimulation combined with artificial insemination.
IVF is indicated for women unable to become pregnant the conventional way. The procedure is also recommended for young patients whose husbands underwent a vasectomy.
HOW IS THE IVF PROCEDURE PERFORMED?
All infertility treatments including egg retrieval and embryo transfer for IVF are performed at the Top Ichilov Clinic (Israel, Tel Aviv), in specialized operating rooms with state-of-the-art equipment. The clinic has an advanced embryology laboratory and innovative ultrasound machines.
The standard IVF procedure is a multi-stage process:
- Prescription of drugs that promote ovulation and the production of a higher-than-normal number of eggs.
- Egg retrieval guided by transvaginal ultrasound.
- Mixing of eggs and sperm in a Petri dish and formation of embryos.
- Reintroduction of embryos into the uterus. The transfer usually involves insertion of a catheter into the cervix and placement of embryos high into the uterine cavity. The implantation should take place within the next several days.
If the woman has become pregnant and there are no high risk factors, she returns under the supervision of her obstetrician-gynecologist until the end of pregnancy.
WHAT IS A BLASTOCYST AND HOW IS IT USED IN IVF?
A “blastocyst” is a scientific term for an embryo on day 5. On the 3rd day of its development outside the body, an embryo consists of 8 cells. And in just 48 hours, on the 5th day, it already consists of 1500 or 200 growing cells. The embryos’ genetic characteristics become apparent, and the lowest-quality blastocysts stop growing. This is why on the 5th day, the doctors obtain embryos, or blastocysts, of the highest quality.
WHAT ARE IVF EFFECTIVENESS RATES?
The IVF effectiveness rates primarily depend on the patients’ age. In the youngest age group, the effectiveness of the procedure exceeds 50%, while in older patient groups, it amounts to less than 20%. However, these are the average statistics. The IVF effectiveness rates in Top Ichilov are traditionally higher.
Laparoscopic ovarian drilling is a safe and effective procedure that helps women with polycystic ovary syndrome become pregnant. Moreover, unlike ovarian stimulation, this procedure does not increase the risk of multiple pregnancy. The procedure is performed under general anesthesia, through 3 punctures in the abdominal wall. Using special endoscopic tools, the doctor makes 4-6 incisions in the ovary. This decreases the androgen concentration and restores ovulation. The statistics show that ovarian drilling helps 60% of patients become pregnant.
Professor Yuval Yaron
Head of the Prenatal Diagnosis Unit
HOW IS MALE INFERTILITY TREATED?
The problem of male infertility is very common. The male factor infertility is diagnosed in 40% of couples unable to conceive. Sometimes, the male factor is the only problem; in other cases, the situation is complicated by a woman’s condition.
WHAT MALE INFERTILITY TREATMENT METHODS ARE USED IN ISRAEL?
Intrauterine insemination and in vitro fertilization remain the most common male infertility treatment methods. Severe male factor infertility requires ICSI, or an intracytoplasmic sperm injection, combined with in vitro fertilization.
WHAT IS ICSI?
The procedure promotes egg fertilization in couples with severe male factor infertility. Experts select the best sperm and inject it into the egg. The successful fertilization rates reach 70%.
ASPECTS OF INFERTILITY TREATMENT IN THE TOP ICHILOV CLINIC
- Selection of personalized treatments depending on the precise diagnosis and individual circumstances is the hallmark of infertility treatment in the Top Ichilov Clinic.
- The clinic’s specialists ensure each patient’s comfort during the examination and give priority to the minimally invasive and affordable infertility treatment methods.
ADVANCED INFERTILITY TREATMENT METHODS IN TOP ICHILOV
Cap-Score, Male Fertility Test
This test provides male fertility assessment that is almost 2.8 times more precise than the conventional sperm analysis. It reveals not only the number and the shape of the sperm, but also the levels of their maturity and readiness to connect with an egg.
Letrozole Treats Female Infertility
Letrozole (Femara) is an aromatase inhibitor. It is used to treat breast cancer in postmenopausal women. This hormone therapy drug suppresses estradiol production, induces release of follicle-stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone (FSH and LH), and stimulates ovulation. Clinical trials showed that in women with unexplained infertility, letrozole treatment was associated with a lower risk of multiple pregnancy in comparison with other drugs for ovarian stimulation.
How To Receive Infertility Treatment In Top Ichilov
- Call the clinic right now: +972-37621629
- Or fill in the form below. Our doctor will contact you within 2 hours.