Prostatic Hyperplasia Treatment in Israel
The examination for benign prostatic hyperplasia in Ichilov takes 3 days and costs $2,105.
Benign prostatic hyperplasia treatment is provided by the leading urologists of the clinic:
- Professor Haim Matzkin;
- Doctor Gal Keren-Paz.
Endoscopic surgery: transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP), transurethral incision of the prostate (TUIP).
Laser treatment: holmium laser ablation of the prostate (HoLAP), holmium laser enucleation of the prostate (HoLEP), photoselective vaporization of the prostate (PVP).
Non-surgical procedures: transurethral microwave thermotherapy (TUMT), water vapor ablation (Rezum), advanced “butterfly” stent implantation.
Consult with an Ichilov doctor for free
EXAMINATION FOR BENIGN PROSTATIC HYPERPLASIA
Within 3-4 days, you undergo an examination by Israeli specialists and receive a precise diagnosis and a personalized treatment protocol.
Day 1: Consultation and examination by a doctor and the vital stage of diagnosis: sample revision
Meet your consultant, Doctor I. Molchanova, Head of the Department of Diagnosis. The doctor accompanies and consults you during examination and treatment. The appointment includes:
- Consultation with the Head of the Department of Diagnosis.
- Health history compilation in Hebrew.
- Preparation of documents in Hebrew and English.
- Explanation of procedures and testing.
- Referrals for diagnostic procedures.
The samples that you have brought – discs, slides and paraffin blocks with tissues – are revised on the same day in the Top Ichilov Clinic laboratory.
- Using the sample of tumor cells, Israeli physicians determine the exact type of the growth. This is necessary for selection of effective therapy.
- The revision of already-prepared samples is cheaper than repeated biopsy. You save your time and money by bringing samples with you.
*A medical document identifying each sample is required.
Day 2: Tests and imaging studies to identify disease foci
The Top Ichilov laboratory provides comprehensive clinical and biochemical urine and blood testing on the newest equipment. It offers:
- Comprehensive clinical and biochemical blood tests, including testing for PSA and testosterone levels.
- Urinalysis and urine culture to exclude infection that may cause similar symptoms.
- Transrectal ultrasound (TRUS) to determine the size and structure of the prostate.
Day 3: Diagnosis. Personalized treatment protocol
You receive examination results and a treatment protocol. A board of doctors led by Professor Inbar develops the most effective treatment plan to target your disease. Professor Haim Matzkin develops an individualized protocol personally for you. You can use this protocol in any clinic of the world.
Duration of staying in Israel for complete prostate examination: 3-4 working days. Price: $2,105.
✓ Right now: An opportunity to consult a Top Ichilov doctor for free
It is important to correctly identify the type of the disease before starting treatment in your region. Get a free consultation with an Israeli doctor right now. Find out the cost of the required diagnostic procedures in Top Ichilov
Find out the cost of diagnostics in Ichilov
ADVANTAGES OF BENIGH PROSTATIC HYPERPLASIA TREATMENT IN ISRAEL
- Minimally invasive prostate surgery. Minimally invasive techniques are characterized by significant advantages:
- Minimal blood loss.
- Short hospital stay.
- Less intense pain.
- Faster rehabilitation.
- Early prostate cancer diagnosis in Israel is made possible thanks to high-precision equipment. Benign prostatic hyperplasia often conceals initial forms of cancer. Targeted TRUS-guided biopsy (with transrectal ultrasound) detects prostate cancer in its early stages. Differentiation of benign prostatic hyperplasia from prostate cancer may prove a difficult task.
PHYSICIANS TREATING BENIGN PROSTATIC HYPERPLASIA IN TOP ICHILOV
Treatment and examination for benign prostatic hyperplasia in Top Ichilov is provided by the leading Israeli urologists:
Professor Haim Matzkin, highly qualified urologist, heads the Department of Urology and coordinates its practice. Was one of the first to use brachytherapy for prostate cancer in Israel. Author of over 160 scientific publications. Was included into the list of the best Israeli urologists in 2019 according to the “Forbes” magazine.
Doctor Gal Keren-Paz, the most experienced urologic surgeon, specialist in endoscopic and robotic urologic surgery. Worked in the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (USA).
Consult with an Ichilov doctor for free
METHODS OF BENIGN PROSTATIC HYPERPLASIA TREATMENT IN ISRAEL
Patients with benign prostatic hyperplasia are at a higher risk of prostate cancer, so regular follow-up is important even after completion of treatment. The specialists of the Israeli clinic “Ichilov” recommend minimally invasive treatment methods.
Drug therapy is the most common way to treat moderate symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Drugs are only used in elderly patients since they reduce the sex drive.
- Alpha-blockers. These drugs block the production of testosterone, relax the muscles of the bladder neck and prostatic muscle fibers and improve urination. Alpha-blockers act fast. Within 1-2 days, the patient notices that the urine flow has improved and that he is able to urinate less frequently. Alpha-blockers are contraindicated for patients with bronchial asthma.
- 5-alpha-reductase inhibitors transform inactive testosterone into active dihydrotestosterone. These drugs act slowly and reduce the size of the prostate gland. Treatment with 5-alpha-reductase inhibitors may impair sexual function and cause such side effects as impotence (erectile dysfunction), decreased libido or retrograde ejaculation.
- Combination therapy is more effective because it brings together the fast effect of alpha-blockers and the delayed effect of 5-alpha-reductase inhibitors.
- A phosphodiesterase inhibitor is used for impotence (erectile dysfunction) treatment. It may also be used to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia. It should not be taken in combination with alpha-blockers and nitrates (nitroglycerin).
Transurethral Resection of the Prostate (TURP)
A TURP is a standard procedure that involves insertion of a resectoscope into the urethra and removal of all prostate tissue except the outer (healthy) part of the gland. After TURP, hematuria or microhematuria may be observed for a long time because the chemicals produced by the prostate prevent blood clotting.
This procedure should be performed by an experienced surgeon.
Transurethral Incision of the Prostate (TUIP or TIP)
This surgery is indicated for moderate prostate enlargement or significant comorbidities that make other surgical procedures too risky. The procedure is performed with special tools passed through the urethra. But instead of removing tissue, the surgeon makes one or two small incisions in the prostate gland to dilate the urethra and improve urination.
This procedure should be performed by an experienced surgeon.
Laser Ablation of Excessive Prostate Tissue
Excessive prostate tissue is destroyed with a high-energy laser. The laser treatment instantly reduces symptoms and causes fewer side effects in comparison with TURP. Laser surgery is recommended when the patient takes blood thinners for another condition and is unable to have standard surgery for benign prostatic hyperplasia.
Types of laser surgery:
- Holmium laser ablation of the prostate (HoLAP)
- Visual laser ablation of the prostate (VLAP)
- Holmium laser enucleation of the prostate (HoLEP)
- Photoselective vaporization of the prostate (PVP)
- Transurethral microwave thermotherapy (TUMT)
Clinical trials show that laser ablation is as effective as transurethral surgery.
What to Expect
The doctor’s experience is vital. During the procedure, the doctor passes an electrode into the prostate area through the urethra. The microwave energy from the electrode generates heat and destroys the inner part of the enlarged prostate gland, reducing its size and improving urination. This procedure is associated with fewer complications than TURP but doctors recommend it only for slightly enlarged prostate. After a while, you may need to repeat the procedure.
HoLEP (holmium laser enucleation of the prostate) is the gold standard of benign prostate hyperplasia treatment. Prostate ablation is carried out through the urethra, with the help of an endoscope. This method has a significant advantage: full preservation of erectile function since the nerves responsible for erection are located outside the prostatic capsule and are not harmed during surgery. There is also another advantage: the low risk of recurrence thanks to complete removal of abnormal tissues. Finally, this method helps combine benign hyperplasia treatment with simultaneous kidney stone removal if the patient suffers from kidney stones. Both these laser procedures are easily performed as a single operation.
Prostatic stents are tiny metal or plastic tubes inserted into the urethra to keep it open. Plastic stents need to be replaced every 4-6 weeks, but they help delay surgery in case of temporary contraindications.
Get a treatment program and exact prices
INNOVATIONS IN BENIGN PROSTATIC HYPERPLASIA TREATMENT IMPLEMENTED IN 2022
- The “Butterfly” Stent
This invention of the Israeli specialists helps normalize urination with a minimally invasive outpatient procedure that lasts only 10 minutes. A butterfly-shaped stent is passed through the urethra. It lifts the lobes of the prostate gland so that they no longer put pressure on the urethra, and urination improves. The procedure does not require long rehabilitation and is mostly painless because it does not involve prostate tissue removal. The new method helps many men avoid or delay traumatic surgical intervention.
- Rezum Therapy
The method involves using water vapor for excessive prostate tissue ablation. A special device heats tissues in a certain area of the prostate up to 70 degrees. The destroyed tissues are gradually removed out of the body. The procedure takes no longer than 15 minutes. After the ablation, the patient uses a urinary catheter for 3 days. Clinical trials show that this procedure is well-tolerated and rarely associated with complications. Unlike surgery, this method allows for continuous anticoagulant therapy which is especially important for elderly men with heart disease.
How to Receive Prostatitis Treatment in Top Ichilov
Fill in the form below. Our physician will contact you within 2 hours.
Дата публикации November 9th, 2022