Director of the Division of Oncology at the Ichilov Medical Center. World-renowned oncologist.
- Cancer treatment
Specializes in adenocarcinoma treatment. Develops, implements and uses innovative cancer treatment methods including immunotherapy and targeted therapy. Treats every patient according to a personalized protocol developed in conformity with the unique tumor characteristics.
- Tel Aviv University, Professor at the Faculty of Medicine
- Royal Marsden Hospital in London (England), specialization in radiation therapy
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York (USA), researcher
- MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston (USA), researcher
- Research Institute for Immunogenetics at the Paul Brousse Hospital in Villejuif (France), specialization in oncology
- Ichilov Medical Center, specialization in oncology
- Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Faculty of Medicine
- 2002-2020:Director of the Division of Oncology, Ichilov Medical Center
- 1998-2018:Director of the Department of Oncology, Ichilov Medical Center
- 2000-2018:Director of the Chemotherapy Department, Ichilov Medical Center
- 1995-2000:Senior Deputy Director of the Department of Oncology, Ichilov Medical Center
- 1989-1995:Chief physician of the Department of Oncology, Ichilov Medical Center
- 1999-2020:Private practice in the Top Ichilov Medical Center
- Israeli Breast Cancer Group (IBCG) – Chairman (former)
- Israeli Society for Clinical Oncology and Radiation Therapy – President (former)
- Deputy Chairman of the examination board for certification in oncology
- Israeli Association of Oncology and Radiotherapy – President (former)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO)
- European Society of Breast Cancer Specialists (EUSOMA)
Professor Inbar’s research is devoted to current problems of adenocarcinoma treatment:
- Breast cancer;
- Stomach cancer;
- Rectal cancer;
- Esophageal cancer;
- Prostate cancer;
- Ovarian cancer.
In some of his scientific papers, the professor explores the combined use of the biological drug bevacizumab and chemotherapy drugs in HER2-negative, locally advanced or metastatic breast cancer.
The problem of early breast cancer diagnosis is addressed in his work “PET in Women with High Risk for Breast or Ovarian Cancer” co-authored with Professor Einat Even-Sapir, leading Israeli specialist in nuclear medicine.
The professor emphasizes the importance of preserving high quality of life for cancer patients. In the article “Sexy Cancer – Sexuality for Cancer Patients” he presents physicians with a range of problems essential for cancer patients and their partners from diagnosis into all stages of treatment.
Professor Inbar’s research interests also include stage 4 ovarian cancer therapy. This topic is addressed in the study “Combined Weekly Carboplatin and Paclitaxel as Primary Treatment of Advanced Epithelial Ovarian Carcinoma”.
What is the cost of treatment in Top Ichilov
A separate study is devoted to the results of organ-preserving surgery for breast cancer with subsequent radiation therapy and treatment with hormone therapy drug tamoxifen.
Professor Inbar participates in the study of brachytherapy for prostate cancer. The results of this study were published in the article “Brachytherapy Combined with External Beam Radiation in Localized Prostate Cancer”.
Up until recently, Professor Inbar was Head of the Israeli Central Committee for Certification of Cancer Specialists. He was also in charge of the Israeli Breast Cancer Group (IBCG) and Israel Cancer Association (ICA).