The examination for Ewing sarcoma in Top Ichilov takes 3-4 days and costs $2,984.
Ewing sarcoma treatment is provided by Professor Ofer Merimsky.
Surgical treatment: 3D-printed implants, endoprostheses.
Radiation therapy: intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT).
Targeted therapy: monoclonal antibodies (ganitumab), kinase inhibitors (cabozantinib), NEDD-8 activating enzyme (NAE) inhibitors (pevonedistat).
Immunotherapy: immune checkpoint inhibitors, CAR T-cell therapy.
High-dose chemotherapy with hematopoietic stem cell rescue.
What To Expect From Ewing Sarcoma Diagnosis In Top Ichilov
Day 1. Initial Appointment with a Diagnostician
During a conversation with the patient, the doctor clarifies their complaints, asks questions about family health history and takes the patient’s personal medical history. If the patient has biopsy slides or blocks, they are delivered to the laboratory for testing. The doctor peruses the patient’s medical documents and compiles their health history in Hebrew for the Israeli oncologists. Then, he refers the patient for tests.
Day 2. Diagnostic Procedures
On this day, the patient undergoes:
- urinalysis and laboratory blood tests (including the tumor marker panel);
- PET/CT, a study that helps detect tumor metastases with utmost accuracy.
Day 3. Appointment with an Oncologist
The patient is received by Professor Ofer Merimsky, an oncologist who specializes in sarcoma treatment. The professor explains examination results to the patient and recommends a treatment program.
The cost of examination: $2,984.
✓ Right now: An opportunity to consult a Top Ichilov physician free of charge
It is important to determine the type of the disease before starting treatment in your home country. Consult an Israeli physician right now, free of charge. Find out the cost of the diagnostic procedures you need, in Top Ichilov.
✓ Right Now: Get your free consultation with a Top Ichilov physician
It is important to correctly determine the type of the disease before starting treatment in the country of residence. Consult an Israeli physician right now, free of charge. Find out the prices for the necessary diagnostic procedures in Top Ichilov.
How Is Ewing Sarcoma Treatment In Israel Different From Treatment In The Countries Of Eastern Europe?
- Limb-sparing surgery. For Ewing sarcoma, Israeli orthopedic surgeons perform surgical procedures that help preserve the affected limb. For this purpose, they may use 3D-printed implants or orthopedic surgical endoprostheses.
- Extensive experience of the Israeli oncologists and orthopedic surgeons. The professional training of an Israeli specialist takes about 16 years. During this time, a young doctor develops perfect surgical skills.
Who Treats Ewing Sarcoma In Top Ichilov
Professor Ofer Merimsky, chief Israeli specialist in sarcoma treatment, Head of Department at the Ichilov Medical Center. Professor at the Tel Aviv University Faculty of Medicine.
Professor Jacob Bickels, Head of Bone Metastasis Unit of the Ichilov Medical Center. Work experience in orthopedic oncology: about 30 years.
Professor Arye Blachar, Head of Computed Tomography Department. Work experience in diagnostic radiology: over 30 years. Assistant Professor at Tel Aviv University.
What To Expect From Ewing Sarcoma Treatment In Israel
- Radiation Therapy
External beam radiation therapy uses external radiation that comes from a special device (a linear accelerator). Israeli specialists recommend radiotherapy for Ewing sarcoma in cases where the location of the tumor makes its surgical removal difficult. In some cases, radiation therapy is used before surgery to shrink the tumor.
Surgery is the main Ewing sarcoma treatment option. The surgeon’s goal is to remove the tumor completely. Affected tissues are replaced with a transplant, a piece of bone taken from a different part of the patient’s body. Sometimes, artificial implants may be used. The cutting-edge 3D printing technologies help create an implant to fill in the bone defect perfectly.
In the most complicated cases, Israeli surgeons replace affected limbs with endoprostheses to avoid amputation and preserve the patient’s arm or leg.
- High-Dose Chemotherapy with Stem Cell Rescue
For recurrent sarcoma, Israeli doctors may recommend treatment with high-dose chemotherapy agents. This aggressive treatment destroys hematopoietic cells in the bone marrow. This is why the procedure also comprises a stem cell rescue.
Cutting-Edge Treatment Options
Targeted therapy is a type of treatment that affects cancer cells. Unlike chemotherapy, targeted therapy does not harm all the cells that divide quickly in the body. Therefore, this type of treatment has fewer side effects.
For Ewing sarcoma, the doctors use the following targeted therapy drugs:
- Monoclonal antibodies are proteins that attach themselves to certain targets in the cancer cells and destroy them. Metastatic Ewing sarcoma is treated with the targeted therapy drug ganitumumab.
- Kinase inhibitors are drugs that block the protein required for cancerous cell division. Kinase inhibitors include cabozantinib, a drug used for recurrent Ewing sarcoma.
- NEDD-8 activating enzyme (NAE) inhibitors are drugs that stop cancer cells from dividing. For Ewing sarcoma, doctors use a drug called pevonedistat.
This type of treatment uses the patient’s own immune system to fight the cancer. The Ewing sarcoma treatment options include:
- Immune checkpoint inhibitors are drugs blocking the proteins that help cancer cells “hide” from the immune system.
- CAR T-cell therapy is a type of treatment that uses multiplied and specially modified cells from the patient’s immune system.
What Is The Cost Of Ewing Sarcoma Diagnosis And Treatment In Israel?
|Consultation with an oncologist
|Inquire about the price
|Radiation therapy (IMRT)
|1-day stay in the day hospital
*Attention! Payments are only accepted directly by the Ichilov-Sourasky Clinic. Avoid intermediaries.
How To Get Examined For Ewing Sarcoma In Top Ichilov
- Call the clinic right now: +972-37621629
- Or fill in the form below. Our doctor will contact you within 2 hours.